Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Daily Made..My Arts and Crafts Journal..

 Just a little place to post my arts and crafts addictions..=))P I'm usually making or working on something each day from all sorts of crafts to sculpture, pottery,baskets..oh the list goes on of so many crafty challenges I have enjoyed very much over the years.

So I wanted to start keeping sort of my own Arts And Craft Journal so to speak. Not really a how to but more just a day to day log of the things I get into.  Most of my work I have done over the years can be found at www.clayfulintentions.com  and http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayfulIntentions  it's just a part of who I am, and enjoy in life.

9-03-13
I wanted to try a type of rope basket. I have been seeing these before and always wanted to try it.

So..=)  I used cotton clothesline rope, with burgundy and ivory yarn. I can't exactly give instructions as this was my first one and really was experimenting along the way. I just counted six wraps, and after sections I'd change colors. I also counted my sections in threes, to be repeated to make a pattern. But, as I said..just learning myself..but you can find lots of instructionals on these on the net.


  I just kept going..

Then I made a top.

 All in all I was very pleased with it, only next time I think I will use a thicker rope. The smaller the rope the more time consuming. But I love how it turned out..

10-5-13
Started another Rag Rug. I really do enjoy making these so much. I normally use old clothes scraps and fabrics I find or are given to me. A lot of times I give them away..just makes me smile to see someone enjoying something I made for them.  Some of my previous Rag Rugs can be seen in my other Blog Post.. http://2bsorandom.blogspot.com/2013/09/ragrugs-woohoo-d.html  but for now I'm starting another one from old scraps of fabrics and such..


10-6-13


10-7-13 still going...

10-8-13  so today I'm working on two projects at a time.. still working on this Rag Rug..not sure how large I'm gonna make it at this point. It's starting to reach the edge of the table now. I have made a few 5ft and larger. I tend to favor the bigger rugs most of the time. I'm thinking this may be a gift for someone for Christmas when I'm done. I feel pretty sure they will love it. =)



Another project I'm working on today is a Christmas present for my Father in Law. A nice simple quilt. I know he will just love it..as he's been wanting one but not wanting to buy one so..I'm getting started on putting these fabric pieces together to get the idea for how I want it to look. I'm pretty happy with this design.. now to start sewing..

 
got the center done so far..
 
 
10-14-13
 
still going...
 
 
10-18-13
 
and still, steady as she goes...
starting to come off the table now..still working..
 
 
 
 
 
Just for something a lil zany, but a challenge. Wanting to see if I can make a pair of slippers out of plastic bags..=))P really just for entertaining my own sense of humor , but at any rate..worth a try.. I find the idea of recycling so interesting at times..
 
so I've got one of the soles done so far..
 
 
 
I've shifted back into my clay. It's been so long I forgot how wonderful it is to me.
Here are some white earthenware clay beads and pot I pitfired wow their flame markings and contrasts turned out so well. I'm really hoping to get similar colorings for the chimes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Made some clay pieces to be pitfired out back then I will assemble them into some wind chimes..hope all goes well..
 
 
 
and then yesterday, I was just playing around with clay sculpting again, oh man I forgot how much I enjoy it. Just made a miniature vase..then teensy little hats..just having a blast!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: