Saturday, September 7, 2013

Growing Amaryllis Indoors.... and even upside down..


 

 
                               My Amys =D ( My Indoor Amaryllis)

 

 A new fascination for me lately..growing Amaryllis indoors..Just loving this.. When I purchased this one the green shoots were already starting to bud in the bag. I placed it in this wine glass as I had no vase and really started this on a whim..I added a little gravel and water..later I drained a little of the water as I found the moist gravel to be sufficient for the bulb..too much water rots the roots..wow the next day already jumping..
 
 


                                           A week later..


                            Then the blooming begins..


                            
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and even upside down..now that was wild..
 
when it first started..looked like something from a strange movie..creepy.. =)P
 
 
 
 
 

 
  
 
 
 
To my surprise, although it started out rather strangely..
the blooming upside down was outstanding..
 
 
 
 
 
Looks odd upside down, but wow look at that show of blooms, amazing beauty..
 
 
 
I did this last winter, too antsy to wait for spring..it was great.. and I just plant the bulbs outside in the spring and they bloom again in the summer. =))

No comments:

Post a Comment