Monday, September 9, 2013

Upcycled and Mighty Fine..



 I have become very interested in finding new uses or new life for things we so easily toss..or recycling,    upcycling..whatever the term I'm so having fun at it.. keeping me pretty busy and entertained.
                                    
                                   I want to share some upcycled projects I have done recently.


 
                       
                          I  made this from paint sticks normally used to stir paint, then tossed out..


 



                                             A candle holder and a planter from wine corks..







                                         Another project that I'm working on here an there..
                                                   A time honored tradition of course..
                                                            quilt from scrap fabrics.

 


                                                  A nice warm hat I made from old clothes..


                                                    I covered some tin cans, to make an
                                                   organizer for my arts and crafts room.
                     


 
 
                                                   
                                 We had a large amount of husks from the corn crop last year,
                                      that I have been using to make several very nice baskets 
 
 
      
            


                                          Mason jars and a piece of wood I found outside,
                                         working very well for growing my kitchen herbs..
                                                   some of my seeds are still sprouting.
                                                        
                                                           look at them now...wow!
 
 
 
 
 
I made these beautiful paper beads for my jewelry
 set from unwanted junk mailers, They turned out so pretty.
This became quite addictive..I made so many beautiful
   beads and designs from old magazines,and such..

 
 
 




                 You can always find beautiful papers with bright inks to make paper beads..
                                                                     so much fun too..



                                      Hubby's beer cans made a pretty nice yard wind whirly craft.



                          A coffee can and some clothesline I found  made an attractive planter.
Another coffee can with magazine rolled tubes glued on the outside, and I have a colorful art container.
                              
                              Also covered some tobacco cans with fabric to use for this an that..
 
 
 
                                     I made this wall art with tissue rolls,glue and black spray paint.


                                                
 


                           Since I found out about reusing discarded plastic containers for planters...
                         


                                     
                                        I did experiment a bit with discarded material such as
                                                    plastic and others in making baskets.



 

                                     One of our old wine bottles I converted into a very nice torch.
                                                    




                                         Covered this creamer box with beautiful paper for an
                                                attractive addition to my arts and crafts room.
 

                                    This guy seems pretty happy with the bird feeder I made
                                  from a paper towel roll, peanut butter and rolled in bird seed.




I made this candle holder from an old air filter,some spray paint and twine.
 


 

 


and my current enjoyable recycling..upcycling..reusing..you name It..
I'm so enjoying this rag Rug I'm making using old t-shirt scraps
 stretched and rolled up like yarn..I'm just using my hands and knotting with this one..
this may become my new love and obsession..
 
 

Now starting a new round crochet one..I'm just cutting away at old clothes that were headed for the trash..and so enjoying giving them a new life..only taking baby steps in crocheting..but I'm enjoying as I learn my way..I feel this is just the start of so many rag rugs to come..=)
 
 
 
My hubby had quite a few holes in his jacket and was gonna throw it out, I'm using the outer for a rag rug..the inside batting for a pillow and the rest made a nice lil bag.
 
 
This year I've been experimenting with upcycling plastic bags..
I'm crocheting them to make me a nice fruit bag for picking fresh berries this Summer.
 
 
Worked out very well, very strong..


                                  Okay..so that's it for now in my upcycling challenge..I'm sure
                                          I will find more uses of things in days to come.. =))

No comments:

Post a Comment